Monday 19 November 2012

The carrots are finally out of the ground.


Well we finally harvested our carrots today..they were a little hard to get up because the ground is starting to freeze.....



 These are real nice size...for show


 Unusual looking carrots...planted too close together actually....


This is how I store the carrots for winter.....Here I'm using a plastic fish box. I put in a layer of soil and a layer of carrots until the box is full...Did this last winter and it worked out good....


 Here I'm starting the second layer......


2 comments:

  1. Do you put your box in the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the carrots are put in the fish box as explained above,the box of carrots are stored in my cellar,I keep the temperature between 0 to 5 degrees celsius.
    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Pages